Saturday, April 12, 2014

Review 'Pretty Reckless' by Jodi Linton


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/20944652-pretty-recklessWelcome to Pistol Rock, Texas where everyone knows secrets last about as long as the sporadic west Texas rain showers.

Laney Briggs has long been considered reckless by the denizens of her hometown, but she’s finally turned it all around—she’s happily engaged to the local veterinarian and she’s become a Pistol Rock deputy sheriff. Everything’s fine and dandy—until a dead body turns up and her ex, Texas Ranger Gunner Wilson, decides to stick his boots into the town’s first murder case.   Of course, the troublesome cowboy’s rugged good looks and T-shirt-straining muscles are already leaving Laney knee-deep in hot water, but she’ll be damned if she lets Gunner trample all over her turf. She’s decided that, instead of conflict, she wants a contented, steady life with her vet—a life in which Gunner Wilson and his seemingly endless ability to undermine her resolve and her libido plays no part. Still, it’s hard to keep her head as forbidden sparks ignite and suspicions arise between old rivals and old flames. And when the bodies start to pile up, Laney has to ask the lethal bad boy for a hand—and a truce in exchange for his help. But after uncovering the pack of lies surrounding not only her job but her heart…  Having an ex-boyfriend as an ally might not be the best idea, but it’s certainly the most reckless, and Laney has always been pretty reckless… 

A couple of days ago Jodi Linton approached me with the question if I wanted to read and review her book. When I read the description of ‘Pretty Reckless’ I was immediately hooked. This book sounded like my kind of book so I couldn’t wait to start reading.

Right from the start I really loved this book. ‘Pretty Reckless’ is a really exciting, funny, romantic, mysterious and sexy as hell book. Since I love stories filled with romance, crime and mystery this book was exactly my kind of thing.
In ‘Pretty Reckless’ we follow Laney Briggs, a twenty six year old deputy sheriff. Laney has everything in her life on track. She has a nice job, a nice house and she is engaged to the local veterinarian. When Laney finds a dead body in her little town, her life takes a big spin. Suddenly Laney’s ex-boyfriend and Texas Ranger Gunner Wilson is back in town and his mission seems to be, making Laney’s life harder. Still Laney is determent to do her job in the best possible way. But Gunner Wilson is quiet the distraction. Gunner is thirty years old, a very handsome and sexy Texas Ranger and he is not easy to ignore. And unfortunately for Laney (or not- LOL) Gunner knows it.

What I loved most about this book was the setting in Pistol Rock, Texas. I loved the little town, everybody knows everybody, mentality. And I always loved a good cowboy story. Being a big fan of country music I always had some music in my head while reading this book. I just really loved it.
The next amazing thing about this book was the chemistry between Laney and Gunner.  It was just coming of the pages. Laney and Gunner have known each other for a long time, and they have a lot of history. And ever since the first page I was really rooting for them.  

The cover was also a thing that pulled me in immediately. I mean, who doesn’t want to read this book with that cover?!?!

I’m thinking very hard about what I didn’t like about this book. But I really can’t think about anything. I loved the story, I loved the characters and I loved the setting. This book is definitely going on my favorite list and I really can’t wait on more books about Pistol Rock, Texas and their deputy sheriff.
I’m so honored that Jodi Linton gave me the opportunity to read this book. I’m definitely a huge fan and will definitely recommend this book to every reader who loves a good, funny, romantic and exciting story. 

About the Author:



Jodi Linton grew up across the street from a cow pasture, where she was more likely to be seen selling Kool-Aid in a Dixie cup at ten cents a pop, or inviting neighbors over to watch one of her plays staged on her father’s Bass boat.  

In 2001, she traded in the rednecks, cowboys, and mesquite trees of her hometown to chase destiny out west. After a few years of mucking it around with the roughnecks, dust storms, and droughts, she decided to dust off her boots and head home. With a History degree in one hand and a marriage license in the other, she followed her husband in 2006 to central Texas the heartland, fabulous Austin.

After settling into the Texas Hill Country with her husband and two kids, she joined the Austin Romance Writers of America, and signed with The Belcastro Agency.  Today she can be found cozied up to the computer escaping into a quirky world of tall tales, sexy, tight jean wearing cowboys, and a protagonist with a sharp-tongue quick enough to hang any man out to dry.

For more information about ‘Pretty Reckless’ and the ‘Deputy Laney Briggs Series’ go to Amazon, Goodreads or visit Jodi Lintons own website. You can also find Jodi Linton on Twitter and Facebook.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com