Thursday, October 16, 2014

Blog Tour 'James Games' by L.A. Rose

Today I'm excited to participate in the Blog Tour of 'James Games' by L.A. Rose. 'James Games' is a New Adult Romance novel and is already the second book by L.A. Rose.

I hope you enjoy your stay here at Maureen's Books.

 

About the Book:

 

Every year, the girls of Phi Delta Chi, Fiona Arlett’s dream sorority, hold a competition.

The prize?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23015343-james-gamesJames Reid, king size bar of eye candy and famous actor turned haughty undergrad.

The rules?

No girl but the winner can touch him.

The problem?

Fiona might have unknowingly banged his brains out last week.

Losing the competition may mean wearing a chicken suit to the sexiest Halloween costume contest, but she’d rather have feathers up her butt than let the truth out.

Unfortunately, she and James have lots in common and more chemistry than the science wing. Soon they’re sneaking around behind the backs of UCSD’s hottest and most vengeful girls.

If they find out?

Fiona’s screwed. 

‘James Games’ is available at Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Kobo.

My Review:

 

I read the first novel ‘Adrian Lessons’ by L.A. Rose a few weeks ago. Since I really enjoyed that book I was really excited when L.A. Rose asked me if I wanted to read her new book ‘James Games’ to. So when I was able to start reading ‘James Games’ I sat down and closed myself of from the outside world and started reading.

In ‘James Games’ we meet Fiona. Fiona is just starting her college life and she has decided to life it to the fullest. She goes out to almost every party, drinks, has sex with random guys and she joins a sorority. One wild night she meets a mysterious stranger and they spend an amazing night together. But the next day Fiona finds out that this stranger is none other than James Reid. James is a famous Hollywood actor trying to stay out of the spotlights, and unfortunately for Fiona, James is the one guy her sorority forbids to date. But that doesn’t really matter because Fiona isn’t really into the arrogant handsome sexy actor. At least that’s what she tells herself. But soon Fiona find out that James isn’t the guy everyone thinks he is.

In the beginning of ‘James Games’ I was a little afraid I wasn’t going to like this story. Fiona seemed like this shallow, arrogant, crazy girl and I just didn’t like her very much. Fortunately that changed a little further into the book when I learned that Fiona just wanted to celebrate her freedom. She wasn’t shallow at all. She just wanted to have fun. And soon I really started to enjoy this story. Especially when I learned more about James. I loved the friendship between Fiona and James. They really cared for each other and I loved how passionate they were.

Although I didn’t like Fiona in the beginning of this book she is still my favorite character in this story. When you look further into her character you’ll see this strong and lively girl and she was also really damn funny.  I loved how she responded to the hazing she was forced to go through. What I also really enjoyed where Fiona’s trips to the school nurse. They were just hilarious.

Although this book was very funny and also very romantic I also loved the message this book sends. Even though you think you know everything about someone because of what you hear from other people, you really should talk to someone yourself before you take conclusions.
This was definitely another great book by L.A. Rose. I loved it and would definitely recommend it to other romance novel lovers.

Excerpt:


“Leave,” James repeats. The word sweeps over the boys surrounding me like an icy cold breeze from the asscrack of Antarctica. He’s really got the serial killer vibe going on. Even I have to resist the urge to jump up and run for the hills. I don’t blame my harem for scattering, leaving me sitting exposed and undefended on the counter, at the mercy of James Reid.


I point at him. “You scared away my harem.”

“Those guys were looking at you like you’re a piece of meat.” His tone is thick with disgust.

“Technically I am a piece of meat. Plus bones and stuff. Also, don’t you think that’s a bit hypocritical?”

I expect him to scoff at this, to shrug it off or deny it. Instead he cuts his eyes away from me. “I’m sorry,” he says finally. “I shouldn’t have jump—”

“Jump-started my car for me,” I interrupted loudly, fully aware that Sigrid is straining to listen in on our conversation, even if she is across the room. “You’re right. You should have just let me take it to the shop. Some things should be done by professionals.”

A ghost of a smile traces its way upward from the corners of his lips. It’s the first time I’ve seen him smile, and damn, is it dangerous. I swallow and look away. “Although—even though I know that I shouldn’t have let you near my car, and you’re definitely not coming near it again, you don’t need to apologize. At the time, I really wanted you to jump-start my car.”

My phone buzzes. I glance down. A text from Iris. Think of a better euphemism. You’re not being subtle.

“Did you just say I’m not a professional?” he asks, leaning one-handed on the counter so that his thumb is bare inches away from my thigh. He’s close enough to count the goose pimples that appear on my skin.

“Definitely an amateur,” I smirk.

His hand inches closer. “Why don’t you call me next time your car needs some work done and I’ll show you more of what I’m capable of.”

About the Author:


L.A. Rose recently made it out of college alive and with an English degree. She's a habitual beach bum, a cuteness aficionado, and a not-quite-recovered romance addict. She's a big believer in laughter as medicine and steaminess as...more medicine. You can never have enough medicine. ‘James Games’ is her second New Adult standalone, and her next release, ‘Icy Pretty Love’, will be out 11/15/2014.

For more information about 'James Games' and L.A. Rose please visit her website, blog, Facebook or Twitter.

Check out my review of 'Adrian's Lessons', L.A. Rose's first book.

Thank you for visiting Maureen's Books!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com