Friday, April 17, 2015

Review 'Baxter's Draw' by Juliette Harper


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/24901373-baxter-s-draw
Kate, Jenny, and Mandy. The daughters who inherited Langston Lockwood’s millions and his mysteries. In this, the second book of The Lockwood Legacy, the women uncover not just the secret of Baxter’s Draw, but the secret of their father’s hidden life. Return to the Rocking L for the next part of the sisters’ journey to discover the truth about their family and to understand their own roles in The Lockwood Legacy.

For more information about this book please visit Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo and Smashwords.

 

 

 

My Review:


A couple weeks ago I read the first book ‘Langston’s Daughters’ in the Lockwood Legacy series. I really enjoyed the book. I loved reading about the three sisters and their life on a Texas farm. But I did feel a little disappointed at the end, because of the shortness of the book and the way it felt like everything went a little too fast. Despite that, I really wanted to read the next book in the series. So when I heard that I could participate in the blog tour for the third book, and could read the second book beforehand, I immediately agreed. And I’m so glad I did.

In ‘Baxters Draw’ the story of the three Langston sisters Kate, Jenny and Mandy continues. All three sisters are living their lives on the farm their farther left them after his suicide. After the shooting a couple weeks ago, the sister try to find more information about how their father became so rich and what drove him to become this angry man. When an archeologist gets in touch with the sisters about the option of searching their land for an ancient treasure which possibly hides on Baxter’s Draw, they agree in hope of finding more answers about their father. But there are more people looking for answers and soon the sisters find themselves in danger, yet again.

Although I liked the first book, I must say I loved the second book in this series. ‘Baxter’s Draw’ has everything I still missed in the first book. This book is filled with mystery but most of all with love and family. I loved reading about the sisters and how they searched for more answers about their estranged father. I loved how they became a family again, together with the men in their life.

In ‘Baxter’s Draw’ we get to know the characters even better. And that made this book just a very enjoyable read. Kate, Jenny and Mandy are all very different but they each have something that just is so fun to read about. I really came to love the Langston’s sisters and I can’t wait to read the third book. 

My Rating:

 


About the Author:

 

Juliette Harper is the pen name used by the writing team of Patricia Pauletti and Rana K. Williamson. Like the characters of their debut series, The Lockwood Legacy, Juliette is a merging of their creative energies.

Pauletti, an Easterner of Italian descent, is an accomplished musician with an eye for art and design. Williamson, a Texan from a long line of hardheaded Scots, knows the world of the Lockwoods like the back of her hand.

“We decided to write under a pen name because neither one of us by ourselves could have created Kate, Jenny, Mandy, and their world,” says Pauletti. “Juliette is a little bit of us both. We want to be her when we grow up.”

“Patti teases me that I just don’t want to own up to writing a book with romance in it,” Williamson adds, “but that’s not true. I like the Lockwood women and the way they tackle everything life throws at them. And before we’re done, they’ll be ducking a lot. I imagine coming into the office every day and saying, ‘Okay Juliette, what’s going to happen now?’ She tells us, and we get it down on paper.”

For more information about Juliette Harper please visit the website and Twitter

I received this book in exchange for my honest review from CBB Book Promotions.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your review! I certainly do put those Lockwood girls in some "fixes," don't I? The series is so much fun to write and I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed the second book. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really do! ;) LOL. You're very welcome. I can't wait to read the next book!

      Delete
  2. YAY! I'm so glad you loved it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really did! Can't wait to start the next one ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com