Friday, March 18, 2016

Review 'Melancholy' by Charlotte McConaghy


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/25331577-melancholy
Here in the west they know a lot about hope. They know how to ration it just as they do with food and water.

Josephine is at last free of the blood moon. But in a desperate rush to find help for a comatose Luke, she discovers the strange and dangerous world of the resistance, and it is unlike any world Josi has known.

In the west they believe in fury – they cultivate and encourage it. The unruly people of the resistance know that to survive means to fight. But can they fight the inevitable cure for sadness that rushes steadily closer?

In the action-packed sequel to Fury, everything Josi believes about herself will be challenged. Haunted by atrocities and betrayals, she must find the strength to trust again, and decide how far she is willing to go to fight the inevitable.

At times both brutal and sweet, Melancholy is the story of second chances and finding love in a ruined world.

The Facts:


Publication Date:
June 11th, 2015
Series:
The Cure
Genre:
Young Adult/ New Adult Dystopian Romance
Pages:
486
Formats:
eBook, Paperback
Available at:
  

My Review:


After I read the first book in the Cure series called ‘Fury’, I knew I needed to start reading the second book ‘Melancholy’ as fast as I could. I loved ‘Fury’ and I really wanted to know what would happen next with Josephine and Luke. So I cleared my reading schedule and began reading as fast as I could.

‘Melancholy’ is another great book by Charlotte McConaghy. Men.. I really love this series! I devoured the pages of ‘Fury’, and with ‘Melancholy’ it was really the same. From the moment I started reading I didn’t want to stop. ‘Melancholy’ begins right where ‘Fury’ ended. Josephine and Luke have escaped and are now with the resistance in the west. Everything is different there. The people are different, the food is different and above all the rules are different. But Josephine had no choice about where to go with Luke being comatose. And now there are new treads and dangers. Luke isn’t the same guy anymore and Josephine has to try to find the strength to make a new life for herself.

I don’t know what it is with this series but it’s just so good. I was hooked to every single page and I didn’t want to stop reading until the end. But when I was at the end, I was just so frustrated because I really wanted to know more. Yep, that’s how good this story is.

The characters in this series are all very different, but Charlotte McConaghy describes them all in a way I feel like I know each and every one of these characters. And Josephine and Luke are definitely my favorite ones.
Josephine really is a very strong character, although she really doesn’t think so herself. She doesn’t agree with the rules of the resistance and although she tries to fit in at first, everyone knows what she really thinks. I really admired that about her. Josephine also wasn’t afraid to fight for every person out there. She just wants to make the world a better place and forget all the horrible things that were done to her.
And Luke.. Well, Luke is a great guy. Everybody likes him. Luke is tough, nice and just really a good person. In this second book we get to learn more about Luke and although he changes a little, he is still an amazing character.

If you’re a fan of the Hunger Games and Divergent, you will definitely also love this series. It’s just so good and really makes you want to read until you finished all three books. The story is intriguing and the world is just ‘normal’ enough that you can actually believe a world like this would be a possibility. That is if the world went really crazy!

And I really love the covers of these books. They are just so pretty and I really need to get my hands on some paperback copies!

My Rating:

About the Author:


Charlotte has been writing novels since she was fourteen. She spends most of her time imagining far distant lands full of intrigue and danger. Her first series 'The Strangers of Paragor' is an epic fantasy adventure for kids, and was published when she was seventeen. She has since gone on to write two new series for adults - 'The Chronicles of Kaya' and 'The Cure'. Both are full of sweeping romance, kick-ass heroes and dystopian struggles. She has a master’s degree in screenwriting from the Australian Film Television and Radio School, and won the Australian Writer's Guild Award for Best Unproduced Screenplay in 2013.

For more information about Charlotte McConaghy please visit her website, or visit her on Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.





I received this book, from CBB Book Promotions and Momentum Books, in exchange for my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com