Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Wednesday's Favorites: Silk by Chris Karlsen



Welcome to Maureen's Books Wednesday's Favorites. In the Wednesday's Favorites post I will talk about a book I loved and that I think deserves a little more attention. I read popular books, but also many books that aren’t so popular (yet). In this post all sorts of books from all sorts of genre’s will have a chance to shine. Today’s Wednesday's Favorites is ‘Silk’ by Chris Karlsen, a book I read in March 2015. 


The Book:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23826233-silkSilk on the Skin- luxurious, luscious, lethal...

London-Fall, 1888

The city is in a panic as Jack the Ripper continues his murderous spree. While the Whitechapel police struggle to find him, Detective Inspector Rudyard Bloodstone and his partner are working feverishly to find their own serial killer. The British Museum's beautiful gardens have become a killing ground for young women strangled as they stroll through.

Their investigation has them brushing up against Viscount Everhard, a powerful member of the House of Lords, and a friend to Queen Victoria. When the circumstantial evidence points to him as a suspect, Rudyard must deal with the political blowback, and knows if they are going to go after the viscount, they'd better be right and have proof.

As the body count grows and the public clamor for the detectives to do more, inter-department rivalries complicate the already difficult case.

What would you do to stay young: Lie, Manipulate.. Kill?

The Facts:


Publication Date:
December 14th, 2014
Series:
The Bloodstone #1
Genre:
Historical Fiction, Crime
Pages:
301
Formats:
eBook, Paperback, Audio
Available at:
Average Goodreads Rating:
3.86
Average Amazon Rating:
4.0

Praise for 'Silk':


Silk will have readers looking for more adventures of Inspector Bloodstone by this imaginative author.  Recommended as an interesting, fun read for any mystery fan who likes that touch of Silk.

The story is a brilliant cat and mouse game and I was not disappointed when all the elements came together. Silk receives a thumbs up.

Silk by Chris Karlsen is definitely different from the average historical fiction novel that I love to read, but in a good way. I enjoyed the departure from the norm, and the journey into the “dark” side.

This book was just a perfect blend of mystery and detective. I loved the way this book was not like many other books out there. It was different but definitely worth reading. This book will make you guess until the very end!!

About the Author:


I was born and raised in Chicago. My father was a history professor and my mother was, and is, a voracious reader. I grew up with a love of history and books.

My parents also love traveling, a passion they passed onto me. I wanted to see the places I read about, see the land and monuments from the time periods that fascinated me. I’ve had the good fortune to travel extensively throughout Europe, the Near East, and North Africa.
I am a retired police detective. I spent twenty-five years in law enforcement with two different agencies. My desire to write came in my early teens. After I retired, I decided to pursue that dream. I write two different series. My paranormal romance series is called, Knights in Time. My romantic thriller series is, Dangerous Waters.

I currently live in the Pacific Northwest with my husband, four rescue dogs and a rescue horse.

For more information about Chris Karlsen please visit her website, Facebook and Pinterest

Last Week on Wednesday's Favorites:


Don't forget to check out last weeks Wednesday's Favorites: Hook by K.R. Thompson 

http://maureensbooks.blogspot.nl/2016/08/wednesdays-favorites-hook-by-kr-thompson.html

4 comments:

  1. This book looks like something I would enjoy! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! ;) It's a really good read. And I love that cover!

      Delete
  2. The setting is great but the cover doesn't lure me in. However now that I've seen those review snippets, I really do want to read it. It sounds thrilling. Adding it to my GR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely a very 'different' cover'. But the books makes up for it I think!! Can't wait to hear what you think about this one ;)

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com