Saturday, December 3, 2016

Blog Tour 'Talking As Fast As I Can' by Lauren Graham


Today I’m really really excited to be a part of the Blog Tour of ‘Talking As Fast As I Can’ by Lauren Graham. ‘Talking As Fast I Can’ is a funny and intimate memoir from the beloved star of Gilmore Girls and Parenthood, which recounts Lauren’s experiences on Gilmore Girls – the first and second time – and shares stories about life, love and working in Hollywood.

In today's post I like to share my favorite Lorelai moment with you. Plus there's an awesome Giveaway (UK Only)!


The Book:


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30253864-talking-as-fast-as-i-can?ac=1&from_search=true
From the star of the much-loved television shows Gilmore Girls and Parenthood, and the author of the New York Times bestselling novel Someday, Someday, Maybe, comes a collection of candid and hilarious essays.

In Talking as Fast as I Can, Lauren Graham hits pause for a moment and looks back on her life, sharing laugh-out-loud stories about growing up, starting out as an actress, and years later, sitting in her trailer on the Parenthood set and asking herself, “Did you, um, make it?” She opens up about the challenges of being single in Hollywood (“Strangers were worried about me; that’s how long I was single!”), the time she was asked to audition her butt for a role, and her experience being a judge on Project Runway (“It’s like I had a fashion-induced blackout.”).

In “What It Was Like, Part One,” for the first time Graham settles in for an epic Gilmore Girls marathon and reflects on being cast as the fast-talking Lorelai Gilmore. The essay “What It Was Like, Part Two” reveals how it felt to pick up the role again nine years later, and what doing so meant to her.

Some more things you will learn about Lauren: She once tried to go vegan just to bond with Ellen DeGeneres, she’s aware that meeting guys at awards shows has its pitfalls (“If you’re meeting someone for the first time after three hours of hair, makeup, and styling, you’ve already set the bar too high.”), and she’s a card-carrying REI shopper (“My bungee cords now earn points!).
        
Complete with black-and-white photos and excerpts from the diary Graham kept during the filming of the recent Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life, this book is like a cozy night in, catching up with your best friend, laughing and swapping stories, and—of course—talking as fast as you can.

'Talking As Fast As I Can is available at Amazon

My Favorite Lorelai Moment:


Since I wasn’t able to read the book yet (but I will ASAP) I was asked to share my favorite Lorelai moment with you guys. Choosing my favorite Lorelai moment is definitely not as easy as I thought it would be. I love Gilmore Girls. And I have loved it from the very first episode I saw many years ago till this very moment today. I have all the Gilmore Girls seasons on DVD and I’ve watched every episode many many times. And I still do re-watches of the series. I just can’t get enough of Gilmore Girls and watching those great acting moments between Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel.

Not only did I grow up watching Gilmore Girls, there were also some things I liked just because of the similarity with my own life. For one Rory loves books and reading, me too. Secondly, Lorelai and Rory are addicted to coffee, me too. And thirdly Lorelai and Rory are a mother and daughter living together, who are at times more friends than mother and daughter.. Well, I grew up with just my mom and she is my best friend. My mom and I loved watching Gilmore Girls together and we always hoped my mom would find her very own Luke. And she did. He doesn’t wear a baseball hat, but he definitely is the Luke in our lives.

But let’s get back to my favorite Lorelai moment, although I still don’t think I can pick one. One of my favorite Lorelai moments is definitely the moment Lorelai is sitting at Rory graduation ceremony from Chilton. Rory is giving her amazing speech and there is this moment between Lorelai and Rory where they both are emotional and I just love it. That moment definitely shows the bond they have with each other. I loved it!!

Another moment that I really loved was that Lorelai and Luke dance on Liz and TJ’s wedding. That was a moment I was waiting for, for at least a view years. I loved it. And I always watch that scene more than once when I’m watching that episode.

There are many more amazing moments I love in this great series. And I will never stop watching the series and those amazing characters. They are a part of me. And Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel did such an amazing job portraying those characters. And I’ve always made sure I knew what was going on in their career, also after Gilmore Girls.
I definitely loved the Gilmore Girls: One Year in the Life. It was so good to see these characters back and even though I cried my eyes out I can’t wait to see it again.

Lauren Graham really is one of my favorites actors. And I read her book ‘Someday, Someday Maybe’ a view years back. I definitely enjoyed that read and I know she really can write a good book. That’s why I’m so super excited to start reading Lauren’s new book ‘Talking As Fast As I Can’ ASAP.

About Lauren Graham:


Lauren Graham is an actress best known for her roles on the critically acclaimed series Gilmore Girls and Parenthood. She is the New York Times bestselling author of ‘Someday, Someday, Maybe’. Graham has performed on Broadway and appeared in such films as Bad Santa, Evan Almighty, and Because I Said So. She holds a BA in English from Barnard College and an MFA in acting from Southern Methodist University. She lives in New York and Los Angeles.

Check out Lauren on Twitter at @thelaurengraham.

Giveaway:


a Rafflecopter giveaway

This Blog Tour was organized by the Little, Brown Book Group 
 
https://www.littlebrown.co.uk/

6 comments:

  1. I <3 the Gilmore Girls and would totally read this! Thanks for sharing Maureen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gilmore Girls is the best! I just can't get enough of this series.
      Thanks for stopping by Kimberly ;)

      Delete
  2. omg I'm so mad! I just purchased the audiobook of this not knowing there were images and diary entries in it! UGH DARN IT!

    Molly @ Molly's Book Nook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's to bad!! But now you can listen to it everywhere you go! And you just have to get the book for home ;) You can never have to many books right?!

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to read this book! I love Lauren and Lorelai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read it fast! ;) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com