Friday, December 2, 2016

Movie Recap: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3183660/
Eccentric magizoologist Newt Scamander (Oscar winner Eddie Redmayne) comes to New York with his trusty weathered case. This case is one of those way-way-way-bigger-on-the-inside magical devices, and within are expansive habitats for a collection of rare and endangered magical creatures from Newt’s travels around globe. He discovers the American wizarding community is fearfully hiding from Muggles (who are called “No-Maj” in the States) and the threat of public exposure is an even graver concern than in the UK (remember the Salem witch trials?).

Fantastic Beasts is the story of what happens when this uniquely skilled English wizard travels to wiz-phobic America and a variety of his creatures, some quite dangerous … get out of their case.  






The Facts:


Release Date:
November 17th 2016
Director:
David Yates
Genre:
Adventure, Family, Fantasy
Adapted from:
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling
Cast:
Eddie Redmayne, Colin Farrell, Katherine Waterston, Alison Sudol, Dan Fogler

My Recap:


As many of you might know I seriously love Harry Potter. So when the movie ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them’ was announced to come out in November, I couldn’t wait to go see it. And this week I finally had the time to go to the movies.

First of all I loved the overall look of the movie. The special effects and the scenery where just so beautiful. I saw the movie in 3D and there was definitely a lot to see. And it really was an experience even if you didn’t love the story itself. But fortunately for me I also loved the story.

Off course I read the book by J.K. Rowling a view years back and it was definitely nice to see the story of Newt Scamander come to life. The movie started a little slow, but soon I was completely hooked and I loved every minute.

I always enjoyed watching Eddie Redmayne, but I must say I loved him even more in this movie. I loved the way he was able to look so ‘awkward’. He just fitted the movie and the character so perfectly.
I also really loved the character of Kowalski. Dan Fogler was just really good in that role. And his character made me laugh a lot of times.

Yes, for me this movie was a success. I loved it and can’t wait to go see it again!

My Rating:

 

The Movie Trailer:


For more information about this movie please visit the movie's website

3 comments:

  1. I am excited to finally go either this week or next! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and review. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. It's such a great movie. I'm going to see it for the second time tomorrow!! :D

      Delete
  2. I am excited to finally go either this week or next! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and review. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com