Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Movie Review: Allied


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3640424/
'Allied' is the story of intelligence officer Max Vatan, who in 1942 North Africa encounters French Resistance fighter Marianne Beausejour on a deadly mission behind enemy lines. Reunited in London, their relationship is threatened by the extreme pressures of the war

The Facts:


Release Date:
November 2016
Director:
Robert Zemeckis
Genre:
Drama, Romance, Action
Adapted from:
-
Cast:
Brad Pitt, Marian Cotillard, Jared Harris

My Recap:


A view weeks back I saw a trailer of Allied and was really fascinated. I dont really enjoy a lot of movies that take place in the time of WWII just because it always leaves me feeling sad. But since I enjoy movies with Brad Pitt, and thought this sounded like a beautiful, tragic and thrilling movie I decided I definitely needed to see it.

The beginning of Allied was very slow. You dont get a lot of information about what is going on and its doesnt seem like a lot is happening. But thankfully the movie gets better and better and in the end I really enjoyed it. The whole WWII background is an important part of the movie, but its more about the romance between Max Vatan (Brad Pitt) and Marianne Beausejoir (Marion Cotillard). And it was thrilling and beautiful to see.


Right until the very end of the movie I was guessing about what was going to happen. You feel there will be something big happening, but you just dont know what way the movie will go. Fascinating, and it definitely kept me hooked.

I really enjoy movies with Brad Pitt. He always has this mysterious and intense way of acting that makes me want to stare at him for a long time. Off course he isnt bad to look at either, but its his intense way of acting that always makes me feel fascinated. And in Allied he even speaks France. I mean wow!! Love that.

I havent seen many movies with Marion Cotillard but I think she did a great job with Allied. She was beautiful and intriguing and her and Brad Pitt definitely had chemistry.

The story of Allied was very touching and beautiful and left me feeling a tad sad, but most of all excited. I definitely would like to see this movie again.

My Rating:


The Movie Trailer:



For more information about this movie please visit the movie's website

2 comments:

  1. This is a movie I want to see as well Maureen. I enjoy the films Brad selects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brad was really good in this movie. I definitely enjoyed this one, even more because it was so different than the other movies I've seen recently. I hope you get to see it soon! ;)

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com