Thursday, January 19, 2017

Review 'Derailed' by C.M. Boers


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30120462-derailed
Abby Martin has normal problems for a teenage girl—her dad lives in another state, her mom’s boyfriend is moving in, and school and work are stressful. But these are the least of her concerns when she begins receiving threatening notes and a black SUV stalks her at night. As the web of danger tightens around her, panic sets in. With the help of her boyfriend, Eli, and best friend, Casey, she must find out who is obsessed with her before her nightmares come true.

Complicating her life further, Eli and Casey are both acting strangely. Who can she trust? And will she figure out what’s going on before she ends up dead?

Encounter Derailed, the heart-pounding third novel in C.M. Boers’ Obscured series.



The Facts:


Publication Date:
August 15th 2016
Series:
The Obscured Series #3
Genre:
YA Paranormal Romance
Pages:
192
Formats:
eBook, Paperback
Available at:

My Review:


Before I started ‘Derailed’ I was a little anxious. I read the second book in the Obscured series ‘Divulge’ in July of 2015, and I was a little afraid I wouldn’t be able to remember everything about this series now. But thankfully from the moment I started reading, everything seemed to get back to me.

In ‘Derailed’ Abby is trying to get used to her mom’s new boyfriend and him moving in with them. But that’s not the only thing. Her boyfriend Eli, seems a little different and there’s a black SUV following her. There’s definitely a lot going on in Abby’s life and it’s hard to keep up. Next to all those things Abby tries to find time to spend with her best friend Bailey. 

Abby Martin was a character I really enjoyed reading about. In this book, but also in the two previous ones she seemed just really ‘normal’ and easy to relate too. But in this book there were also a view things that really irritated me about her. For one she was just so naive. Her boyfriend Eli was acting really strange at times, and he got away with it every time just because he said it was nothing. I wished Abby would have tried harder to get answers and stand up for herself really.

Just like with the two previous books, this book was really easy to read and it kept you hooked. And the story still felt a little rushed at times. There really happened a lot in this book, but the book was not long at all. I wished there had been a little more time for everything. Especially with the big thing (can’t tell you without spoiling it) that happened. I would have loved it much more if there would have been more time to get used to it.

Overall I enjoyed this read because I just really wanted to know what would happen with Abby and Eli. I got answers to a view questions I had since the first book, but also got a lot more questions. 

If you’re looking for a nice and interesting series you definitely need to check this series out.

My Rating:

About the Author:


I am a wife and mother of three. I grew up in the sunshine state of Arizona with a love of reading and an ambition to write. But never took my writing seriously until after the birth of my first child. After that I took up writing in my spare time and I haven't stopped since.

For more information about C.M. Boers please visit her website, Facebook and Twitter


I received this book from the author in exchange for my honest review.

2 comments:

  1. I would really like to finish this series. I had many questions about the "protectors" after reading book 1. I really liked Abby in the first book so now I'm curious about how she is in book 2 and 3!!! Great review Maureen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After book one I really had so many questions too. I'm glad I've got a view answers. I hope you can read the next book in the series soon ;)

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com