Wednesday, April 5, 2017

My Favorite.. Music Growing Up



My Favorite.. is a weekly meme hosted by Maureen’s Books. In this meme we share every week something we love with each other. Because let’s face it.. The world can be a dark place and it’s time to share something positive. For more info: My Favorite Meme.

Growing up I loved listening to music. And my music taste was very different then, compared to now. I still enjoy listening to the music I listened to back then, but I definitely didn’t listen to the music I listen to now back then: country. Yep, I love country music. Which is kind of unusual I think, since I don’t know any Dutch woman from my age that share my love of country.  But who cares?!

But growing up I was a huge Backstreet Boys fan. Huge!! I owned all the cd’s, and I listened to them nonstop. At one point I even had a scrap book filled with every magazine article I could find about the Backstreet Boys. I just loved that music and those guys! Sigh.. And I still listen to their music at times. Not as much as I did.. but I still love those songs. On our wedding day, there definitely will be at least one song of them playing. I can’t have a wedding without them! LOL!!

I never saw the Backstreet Boys in real-life. They’ve been to the Netherlands a view times, but somehow I was never able to go. I still hope to see them perform in real-life one day. They still perform together at times, so I’m still hopeful.


Other music I loved growing up was from Britney Spears, Westlife and definitely the Spice Girls. Yes, I was a total Pop music groupie.

What kind of music was your favorite growing up?!

Link Up Your My Favorite.. Post:


Want to help me improve the My Favorite.. Post? Give me some feedback here.

12 comments:

  1. I loved the Backstreet Boys !!! my favorite was and still is U2 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U2 is definitely also very good!!
      Thanks for stopping by! ;)

      Delete
  2. I don't remember listening to the Backstreet Boys, but I do remember The Spice Girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely remember the Spice Girls pretty good to. And the shoes.. Whahaha I had those Spice Girls shoes back then. How I was able to walk on them remains a question. LOL!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I liked the Spice Girls. I wanted to be Baby Spice at the time. lol I listened to some N*Sync and Backstreet Boys, but I was raised on country (I preferred 80s and early 90s, but my mom loved the older stuff).Today it is more about the sound to my ear. I don't know how to explain what it is exactly musically or acoustically, but music that is non-screechy and soothing are the songs I like now. It may be only one song from an artist (ex: Wish You Were a Better Man by Little Big Town - only song of theirs I can listen to), or it may be a lot of songs by an artist (like a lot of Kenny Chesney's calmer songs, opposite of things like Big Star).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get what you’re saying Charlie. Sometimes I just like one song of an artist. Funny really!
      Although I don't listen to the Backstreet Boys nearly as much as I did back then.. I always feel happy when I hear one of their songs. Sigh..
      I totally wanted to be Sporty Spice!! LOL!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Oh I remember Backstreet Boys. And that song... ha ha. I love 80's and 90's music...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly brings back memories listening to this song.. Sigh.. To be this young and naive again!! Whahahaha
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I listened to Spice Girls, too, but they were popular when I was already an adult... When I was younger, I listened to much more heavy and metal rock than now. These days, I rather listen to electro swing, rock, and various indie groups :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love how our taste in music changes over the years. Listening to songs I listened to a while back always make me remember certain things. I love that about music.
      Thank for stopping by!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com