Wednesday, May 10, 2017

My Favorite.. Food



My Favorite.. is a weekly meme hosted by Maureen’s Books. In this meme we share every week something we love with each other. Because let’s face it.. The world can be a dark place and it’s time to share something positive. For more info: My Favorite Meme.

My Favorite Food? Now that’s a difficult one. I’ve been an ‘easy’ eater for as long as I can remember. There are not a lot of things I don’t like or won’t eat. Chicory for example, really isn’t a vegetable I like to eat.. But to say I hate it? No. So what is my favorite food? 
My tasty Swiss Rösti diner last year.

I think my favorite food definitely has to be the Swiss dish Rösti. For the ones who don’t know what rösti is, it’s a Swiss dish consisting mainly of potatoes. I make it at home every ones in a while. But as good as it tastes in Switzerland I can never make it. The rösti I like the most is made with cheese, ham, and an egg. I ate it at least three times last year in May when I was in Switzerland. It’s just so yummy. You all should try it sometimes! ;) 

While I can’t visit Switzerland as many times as I’d like, I’m still looking for a good rösti recipe. I probably should have known a great recipe by now, since I practically grew up in Switzerland but I still haven’t found one that tastes as good as it tastes there. I’ll keep trying though! ;) 

What is your favorite food?

Link Up Your My Favorite.. Post:


Want to help me improve the My Favorite.. Post? Give me some feedback here.

6 comments:

  1. I don't like egg when it's runny or mushy in any way, only scrambled or hard-boiled for me lol, so I probably wouldn't like this. The non-egg part sounds good though! This is an easy question for me though, my fave food is pomegranates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully there are also rosti dishes without the egg! ;) It's so yummy.
      I think I've never eaten a pomegranate.. I really should try it out! Thanks for stopping by Kristen! ;)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's really tasty. Everytime I visit Switzerland I eat as many rosti as I can! LOL!!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I've never had rösti. It looks good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is good! I hope you're able to taste it someday! ;)
      Thanks for stopping by Carol.

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com