Sunday, June 18, 2017

The Sunday Post #53: Back to Work



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ Its a chance to share news ~ A Post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Life:

This week was my first official week back to work. It’s funny how easily you get back in your normal rhythm, although I still feel different. I’m feeling so much more relaxed about work, then how I felt before our wedding. I just feel like everything will work out, and I’m happy and calm. It’s a liberating feeling I hope isn’t just temporarily. Not that I’m usually stressed out, but I can be a little intense about things going a certain way. It’s good to feel this calm for once. LOL!

Next to getting back to work it was a slow week. On Thursday after work, I went with my friend/colleague to her father-in-law’s boat. We had a drink and a nice snack, while waiting on her boyfriend. And then the three of us went on a little trip. It had been many years since I last was on a boat, and I had a lot of fun. My friends boyfriend went wakeboarding for a little bit and I was just manically trying to stay on the boat. LOL!! 
After a little while we went to a little town with a harbor and lots of little restaurants. We had a nice meal and it really was just a very fun evening.

This weekend my husband and I have a nice quiet weekend planned. My husband has to work for a view hours on Sunday, so I will be spending my time reading, blogging and visiting you guys! ;)

Books & Blogging: 

It’s been a pretty good week blogging wise. I’ve been on a role trying to participate in more events and getting my planner more full again. And it’s been going good I think. I’ve signed up for some cover reveals, guest posts and promo posts. And I’ve been answering my mails every day. I love being back to my normal blogging self! :D

Reading wise it’s also been a good week. I’ve finished two books and I’ve started another. I’m definitely on a roll.

I also tried looking into an online planner for my blog. Now I’m using a paper planner, which works great but when I’m away from home I also want to be able to see what I’ve planned. It’s another way I’m hoping to get more blogging time, while I’m away from home. But so far I haven’t found a good planner. The Google one looked promising but it’s too restricted. I’ll have to keep looking. 

How has your week been? Which books are you reading? Do you use a paper or online planner?

Last Week on the Blog:


This Week on the Blog:

  • Review ‘Detention Land: Lip Service’ by Susan Orion
  • Blog Tour 'A Deadly Game' by Gary M. Leppers
  • My Favorite.. Evil Book Character
  • Review ‘Someone To Love’ by Mary Balogh
  • Book Blitz ‘All That Glitters’ by Tracy Krimmer

New Arrivals:

Received by Clink Street Publishing

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34741129-the-mayfly?ac=1&from_search=true
Received by Bonnier Publishing

Random Pic:


12 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting back in [blogging] business :)
    I just use Google Sheets for my blog planning! I just make the squares larger :D it's really kind of cool. But I use Trello for work stuff planning, it's nice cause you can set up alarms and reminders, and also move your tasks if you need to reschedule them. You can try that one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google Sheets and Trello.. Hmm.. Thanks for the tip Evelina. I'm definitely going to check them out. ;)
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy getting back in the groove. Porcelain Flesh of Innocents looks a little creepy, like the doll on You'll Never Know, Dear...LOL.

    Have a great week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel. I'm enjoying every minute of getting back to my blogging self. LOL!
      That cover definitely looks a little creepy. I'm excited to start reading that one.
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  3. Ah, returning to normal life. I always need a vacation to recover from my vacation, but with the wedding stress out of the way I imagine things are calm. Good luck getting back to blogging. I like building an advanced schedule. I blog ahead 4-6 weeks with the exception of Sunday Post's. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whahaha.. I know what you mean. Vacations definitely make you need vacation again sometimes. LOL!
      I really want to blog that far ahead.. but somehow I just can't make it happen. But I'll keep trying. ;)
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  4. It's always nice to be out on the water! And glad you're feeling back into your routine. I always come back from vacation rejuvenated, there's something about gettign away that just relaxes I guess. Hope you're having a great weekend.

    Porcelain looks like it could be creepy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The water was definitely super nice. It had been a long long time since I last was on the water, but I loved it.
      I can't wait to start reading Porcelain.
      Have a great week and Happy Reading!

      Delete
  5. Glad things have calmed down for you and life is getting back to normal :) Getting out on the water helps too! Have a great week!
    Here's my Sunday Post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely good to be back to normal now. I loved planning our wedding, but it really was a little crazy. LOL!
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  6. I'm so happy to hear you feel so relax, happy and in that zen zone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It really feels great. I almost feel like a new person! :D
      Have a great week!

      Delete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com