Sunday, August 13, 2017

The Sunday Post 61: Birthday Weekend



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer ~ Its a chance to share news ~ A Post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead.

Life:

This week has been pretty slow and not much new to tell you guys really. I had to work four days, and work was good. I’ve been really tired lately, so our evenings were pretty uneventful. I did some reading, and we watched a little tv. And most days I went to bed pretty early.

Friday night I went to this event with two of my girlfriends. It was a very fun evening with some great food and drinks. The weather wasn’t to warm, but it was dry and so we were able to stay the whole evening. At the end my husband came to pick me up, which was really sweet.

Today (Saturday) my mother-in-law is coming over and I’m making a three course dinner. Hopefully everything will work out, and we can have a tasty dinner. I’m making zucchini soup with smoked chicken as a starter. Followed by meatloaf with roasted potatoes and a nice salad. And as a dessert I made Caramel Shortcake. All nothing to fancy, but I hope it will taste good. :D

Tomorrow (when you guys are reading this) it’s my birthday! So I won’t be visiting you guys today, but I’ll catch up on Monday. I’m not really celebrating my birthday this year, but we will be going out with my mom and her boyfriend and end our day barbecuing at their home. I’m looking forward to it.

Books & Blogging:

Tuesday was my one day off and I managed to get some blogging time in. I prepared some posts, and wrote down some of my ideas for future posts. I’m still struggling with preparing posts more ahead. But I’m determined to get something figured out so I won’t be writing my posts only a day before. Any tips?

I hope you all had a great week ;)

Last Week on the Blog:


This Week on the Blog:

  • Review ‘A Justified Bitch’ by H.G. McKinnis
  • My Favorite.. Thing About Summer
  • Review ‘Johannesburg’ by Fiona Melrose
  • Discussion: Making Notes While Reading

New Arrivals:


Received from NG

Received from Austin Macauley Publishers

Random Pic:


16 comments:

  1. Good luck blogging ahead, I think that's always a challenge. :) Glad it was a good week. And happy birthday! Hope you have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      It sure is Greg! But I won't stop trying! LOL!

      Delete
  2. I work on my posts for the week on the weekend. I usually have one hard post and one easy post. I feel happy if I post once a week.

    https://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2017/08/the-2017-cybils-are-coming-and-other.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be ideal, but as a nurse I work some of the weekends too and I'm struggling with finding time during the week.
      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Happy birthday!! I hope everything went well with your dinner last night. :) I'm sure it tasted great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. The dinner turned out very good! :)
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday, Maureen! I spent too much time prepping posts for this next week and a few out into next month this weekend. My family is wondering if I like the computer more than them. LOL My problem is staying ahead once I get ahead . . . I tend to relax when I'm ahead and then quickly fall behind again.

    I hope you have a wonderful week, Maureen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D. I get what you're saying about staying ahead. It won't last long for me most of the time. Whaha.. But I'll keep trying to find something that will work for me.
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  5. I love the meme!! Happy Birthday. Your weekend sounds like it was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly. It really was a great weekend!

      Delete
  6. Happy Belated Birthday 🎂 Your meal sounded perfect. I am going to try writing blog content in down time (doctors waiting room, on long line in store, during TV commercials, waiting for timer during dinner prep). Stolen moments add up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenna. That sounds like a great idea. There is so much time lost in waiting for stuff.
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  7. Happy birthday! My birthday was on the 3rd :) so they're pretty close together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evelina. Happy belated birthday to you too then ;)
      Have a great week and happy reading!

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday!! That sounds like a delish dinner!

    ReplyDelete

 
Imagination Designs
Artwork from: www.createthecut.com